It looks real, doesn't it? This delicious treat was met with amazement and excitement, which of course didn’t disappear after the tasting. In addition to chocolate and cookies, I added some chocolate hazelnut spread and chopped roasted hazelnuts to the mixture. The preparation is very simple, but it does takes a bit of skill to shape the chocolate salami correctly – it needs to be rolled evenly and tightly.
You can also use chocolate-hazelnut spread to prepare Ferrero Rocher dessert in a glass.
Makes: 2 salamis.
Ingredients for chocolate salami
130 g BAM dark chocolate drops
100 g butter
100 g BAM chocolate hazelnut spread
100 g plain butter cookies (Petit Beurre)
30 g chopped roasted hazelnuts
20 g ground hazelnuts
- Melt the chocolate with butter in a double boiler, stir in the spread and allow to cool.
- Using your fingers, break the cookies into smaller pieces.
- Add the dry ingredients to the cooled chocolate and mix well. Divide the mixture into two equal parts.
- Spread the dough in the middle of the parchment paper and shape it into a sausage with your hands – use parchment paper to wrap it evenly and tightly. This is easier if you fold the left side of the paper over the mixture and push using both hands to flatten and stretch the paper. Then roll the salami until you reach the end and wrap the sides – just like you would wrap a piece of candy. Repeat with the other half of the mixture.
- Place the salamis in the refrigerator to set. Roll the set salami in powdered sugar. If the salami was in the fridge for a longer period of time, leave it at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.